Here are 8 simple nutrition tips to help support your hormones! Be sure to check out part 2 for the last 7 tips.
1. Eat a variety of local, fresh, unprocessed and unpackaged foods.
2. Strictly limit sugars, sugary foods and refined grains i.e., white bread, white sugar, instant oats, white rice and instant noodles. These simple carbohydrates or sugars initially increase energy, but it is quickly followed by fatigue and depression. Sugar also depletes B vitamins and magnesium which are crucial to the production of hormones and neurotransmitters.
3. Eat more fish, especially wild, sustainable cold water varieties.
4. Eat lean meat from local, organic, free-range or grass-fed animals.
5. Use more spices and herbs to flavour foods instead of salt, sugar and fat.
6. Use healthy oils for cooking. Recommendations include olive, camelina, avocado and coconut oil as these are anti-inflammatory fats.
7. When thirsty, opt for water and herbal/non-caffeinated teas. Do not drink regular or diet pop.
8. Eat organic as much as you can.