This is part 2 of the 15 helpful nutrition tips to support your hormones. Enjoy!
9. Identify and avoid food allergens – discuss testing with your Naturopathic doctor.
10. Do not drink out of plastic water bottles or to go coffee or tea cups. Use stainless steel, glass or ceramic cups only.
11. Consider reducing your intake of dairy products by 50% and ensure the dairy products you consume are 100% organic. If you eat cheese, only eat white cheese.
12. Consider eliminating caffeine or limit your intake to 8 oz per day.
13. Avoid aspartame and other artificial sweeteners (i.e., NutraSweet, Splenda, Equal) which are found in many diet sodas and sugar-free gums.
14. Eating healthy takes time and organization. Take the time to plan what you are going to make and what you need to buy. Allow enough time for meal preparation so you aren’t rushed and tempted to reach for a quick fix. If you have a busy life, I suggest making meals in advance on the weekend (batch cooking) and freezing ahead of time. I also recommend seeing what you can say “no” to in your life or cut out of your life to create more time for a healthier you.
15. Prepare meals with and for others – bon appetite!